December 01, 2020

Level 3

Back to level three today. It's a relief but it's kind of terrifying too with an average of 300 new cases of Covid each day now. Will it rise from tomorrow? There's no doubt about it. People are already queueing overnight to get into shops. I talked to someone who works in a shopping centre near me today and he said staff in there are terrified. The fools who can't be arsed wearing masks will be out in force, using a drop in levels as an excuse not to wear one. I know we're all sick to the teeth of the isolation but there's a vaccine just around the corner. It would be quare foolish to start risking everything now. Stay in, have a bun, maybe two. 

That said the second the cinemas reopen I'm there. There's 5 new films out on friday. 5!! Wolfwalkers which is glorious. Honest Thief cos I'm a sucker for a Liam Neeson action film. Pixie, cos I'm a sucker for an Irish film. Crock of Gold cos The Pogues are wicked and Finding Jack Charlton because even if you didn't like the sport you had to respect the man.

Yep.

I'm a big ol' fuckin' hypocrite.

No comments: