November 20, 2018

Insomnia

Insomnia is some bag of shit. Lying wide awake staring at the ceiling for no reason. Lying in a comfy bed in a dark room wondering why you can't sleep. The wondering getting your brain going thus ensuring you won't sleep. A vicious bastard cycle. Looking at your phone and groaning as the dawn creeps closer and closer. Knowing that looking at your phone will only make the problem worse but that's better than the mindnumbing frustration of lying in the dark wondering what time it is. Knowing the day in front of you will be filled with aches and pains and more yawns than you can shake a stick at. 

My neighbour complained recently that he only got 7 hrs sleep because the refuse collection truck woke him up and I had to fight the urge to kick him in the balls. 7 hrs? That's the holy grail to me. I consider it a good night if I can get 4 hrs of unbroken sleep. 

I've slept badly since I was 16. It's a shit trait I inherited from me Da. Recent studies say that not getting a full 8 hr kip a night will lead to premature death. So that's me fucked.

Ugh.

No comments: