January 28, 2020

I love my cinema pass

There's a tonne of new movies out this Friday. The Rhythm Section, The Lighthouse, Queen & Slim, A Beautiful Day In The Neighbourhood & Richard Jewell. My local cinema will get at least 4 of them. If things work out right for me i'll get to see at least one of them before January finishes.

This means that in the first month of the year I got to the pictures 12 times. The usual price for a film is €7.50 so that would cost me €90. But no, my monthly pass is €17.50. So i've saved myself €73.50.

Sure the cinema is practically paying me to go. It's costing me under 4 yoyo's a week. How could you go wrong. The only downside is you've the temptation to watch some awful tosh, stuff you'd never go to usually. I watched The Grudge yesterday. I knew it would be bad and I wasn't wrong. Out of the 12 I've seen so far this year I've liked 10. An 83.33% hit rate. I can live with that.

I love my hobby.


No comments: