March 16, 2021

31 Day James Bond Challenge. Day 11.

 

11

Ireland. Where else. We're the country most tied to England so England's greatest spy should at least have the courtesy to get the ferry over from Holyhead. And not just Ireland. I want Bond to come to Limerick. I want to see him order a vodka martini, shaken not stirred, down in Rasher's bar and get told to fuck right off. I want to see him infiltrate Thomond park and take on the 4&5 of the visiting team. I want huge action setpieces starting on the river and ending up in King John's Castle. I want him to meet the latest Bond Girl at a stall in the milk market on saturday morning and charm her right into a bed in the Kilmurray lodge. I want to see him take out a sniper perched on the Thomas Spring Rice monument in the People's Park and make a wisecrack that includes the word 'gowl'. I want it all.

Plus Pierce Brosnan played Bond from 1995 - 2002. If an Irish man can make 4 Bond films the least Bond can do is come for a vist.

No comments: