October 28, 2021

Broaden the aul horizons


Sitting here looking up at the map above the desk wondering how many countries I've seen films from? 20 maybe? 30 at a push? I can count the films I've seen from Africa on one hand ffs. I'm letting the side down. Time to push past the aul reliables of China, France and Spain and head further afield.


Ok Indonesia. Let's see what you have to offer. Google tells me I've seen at least 4 martial arts films from here (The Raid 1&2, Headshot and The Night Comes For Us. Fuck. Ok. Somewhere different

Algeria. Let's be having ya. 

https://www.milleworld.com/best-algerian-films-to-watch/ 

This site promises 5 iconic Algerian films and Rachida sounds good. 

Once again Youtube saves the day. 


Chile. I've always wanted to go there. Fuck you Covid and fuck you lack of cash. Chilean films are as close as I'll ever get.


The Battle Of Chile sounds interesting. A documentary about the overthrow of Salvador Allende's government in the days before Augusto Pinochet took control. Once again the www takes care of business.


Youtube is a godsend. A way to dip your toes into international waters without breaking the bank.

No comments: