March 22, 2020

Anxious brain

Anxiety. Not a fan of it. That timebomb feeling in your guts is never a good sign.  Been a lot of it around in the last few weeks. The rapid fire of thoughts that rattle through your brain is a killer.

I wonder when the buses will stop running?

Is the driver ok?

I wish I didn't have to touch that button to stop the bus.

Shit, did I touch it without my sleeve pulled over my hand?

Why am I not wearing gloves?

Fuck it, did I just touch my face?

That itch in my throat first thing in the morning, is it the virus or am I just thirsty?

How many people that I know will get it?

Will some of them die?

What does a tube down your throat feel like?

Do I have an underlying condition I don't know about?

Will the shops be open?

Will there be stock?

Will I be able to do the shop and stay 6ft away from people at all times?

Did someone sick touch this can of beans before me?

Why didn't I wear gloves?

FUCK I scratched my nose again.

Hmmm, that missed call from home, is it bad news?

Christ, another RTE news alert. How many infected now?

Why isn't there any pasta left?

Oh there's Owen, I hope he doesn't stand too close to me. Why is he standing so close to me?

That fucker has pasta.

The new norm sucks.

No comments: