July 29, 2019

Cinema withdrawals

2 weeks. 2 whole weeks. That last time i went 2 weeks without going to the cinema is.....well its that long ago that it's lost in the mists of time.

Yup, i know it's a first world problem and a pathetic one at that but everyone has that one hobby they love and this one is mine. I know I'm a sad bastard and I love it. This part of the summer always rots me because the big blockbusters are out and nothing new is released because what is the point? They'll make no money being in the shadow of the CGI behemoths so why bother. Us sun avoiding oddballs are the only ones that suffer!

I think i'm getting withdrawal symptoms. I'm missing those roasting leather chairs that have you boiled before the trailers even finish. I'm longing for the sound of my tackies sticking to the floors between the rows of seats. I've forgotten the glory of a freezing cold blue slushie. That buzz when the lights finally go down and the IFCO cert appears on screen is a distant memory. Jesus i'm even getting nostalgic for those godawful Entertainment.ie ads about forthcoming movies. When you find yourself missing that shite you know it's been way too long.

Hobbs & Shaw is out on Thursday and I can't wait. It's going to be hilarious and the place will be mobbed, something that usually kills me but this is one that's going to be brilliant with a crowd. The prospect has me grinning like a loon. Hook it in my veins!




No comments: