September 06, 2020

When you just know

I'm Thinking Of Ending It. The new Netflix film from Charlie Kaufman, starring Ireland's own Jessie Buckley and Jesse Plemons, two of the most exciting young actors around. The hype about this was mighty. Kaufman's last film Anomalisa was melancholy and amazing. Buckley's last leading role was in Wild Rose, one of the best films of 2018 and everything Plemons turns up in tends to be gold. Then people I admire on Twitter started talking about it, praising it, loving it. Sure how could ya go wrong watching it.

I turned it off after 15 minutes. I hated what I saw. What was the point when you just know from the beginning that you aren't going to enjoy it. You could sit through it but why? So you could say you did? Fuck that, I'm not 17 and looking to show off anymore. It was going to be too much hard work. I need to start doing this more. I watch way too much shite in an effort to keep up with the Joneses. There's no shame in giving up on something. I'm still pissed off I sat through 6 seasons of Homeland FFS

Ah you can't win 'em all. I should have watched Mulan instead.

No comments: