October 27, 2020

An upside of the lockdown.

I don't have much hair but even I need a trip to the barbers every now and then. With that out of the question I had to take matters into my own hands and this year i learnt of the joy of a perfectly shaved head. 

I wish I'd started doing this years ago.

I love the ritual of it all. The hot shower to loosen up the stubble. That shower leaves you lovely and relaxed too.

Taking a new, sharp razor from it's packaging and leaving it to soak in a cup of hot water.

Lashing on the shaving foam and giving myself a foam moustache if i feel like it. Maybe a soul patch as a treat.

Sitting down to let the foam work its magic while listening to a nice soothing piece of music, Albatross by Fleetwood Mac maybe or Whale & Wasp by Alice In Chains. Or Cavalleria Rusticana if I'm feeling especially notiony.

Then that first stroke of the razor. There's no going back after that.

The back of the head is a pain but there's great satisfaction in getting it all without drawing even a drop of blood. I'm not one to boast bit I'm pretty fucking deadly at this. #Modest

Then a splash of cold water and another splash of aftershave moisturiser to finish the job.

And lastly lying down on a clean, fresh pillow case and luxuriating in how nice it feels.

It's the little things. I've learned to appreciate a lot of them in 2020.

Plus each head shave is an extra tenner in my Playstation 5 fund 👍👍👍


No comments: