April 08, 2020

Hidden treasures



One upside of this virus lockdown is we're all living in sparkling gaffs now. With feck all else to there's plenty of spring cleaning going on and sometimes this spring cleaning turns up stuff we thought we'd forgotten. Stuff like a padded envelope full of DVD's I'd forgotten I'd owned.


Yes DannyDyer is in it but don't let that put you off. This one is so much fun.


A biopic of Ian Curtis directed by Anton Corbjin. We all know how his story sadly ended but it's a beautiful watch.


A lovely bit of 70's pulp fiction. The film that made everyone over 60 terrified of the dentist.


Jackie Chan does Indiana Jones. As fun as it sounds. I bought this one about 15 years ago and watched it once. Can't wait to revisit this.


One of the most underrated films of the century. The coolest final shot in cinema. Maybe. Probably.


Wheelchair rugby. Yep. Wheelchair rugby. A brilliant documentary about a shower of lunatics holding onto life with both hands and living the bejeesus out of it.


I've no idea.


Can't see myself ever watching this one again.


One of Spike Lee's best but mostly forgotten these days. Imagine Zodiac crossed with Goodfellas. With a load of ridin'.


A beautiful and terrifying fairytale.


No idea.


A WW2 masterpiece. Starring Mark Hamill, Lee Marvin........and Don Conroy. Yep, that Don Conroy.


I don't care what people say. This is one of Tim Burton's best films.


70's. Nicholson. QUALITY. Best chicken sandwich recipe ever.


I watched this one with my Ma years ago. The sex scene in it scarred me for life.


To Live And Die In LA. An 80's masterpiece. Full of genuine surprises that still work 30+ years later.


Wes Anderson's best film. Before the affectations and ultra quirkiness took over.


Im terrified of spiders. So i bought this to punish myself.


This one brings back sad memories of a friend gone over a decade. Glad to have found it again.


My all time favourite irish film. Watched it last night and it's still profane brilliance.


And the dud. There's always a dud. Oh well.

Loads to watch over the next few weeks.

No comments: