July 11, 2018

Why are people so shite?

Was in town the other day having a slow browse in CEX and enjoying the air con. Felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Ken, a fella I worked with years ago but who I had fallen out of contact with. With a minute or two we were laughing over silly old stories and decided to go for a pint. I say pint but I mean lucozade cos me and beer don't go well in daylight.

Phil Flannerys was close by so we decided on there. We settled into our old routine of joking, reminiscing and pisstaking. During one particularly funny tale the door opened and another face from the past walked in. A woman named Joanne i'd worked with too. She smiled and said hello and I did the same back and then to my surprise she came over, sat down and kissed Ken. In the years I hadn't seen them they'd gotten married. This was great.  We spent the next hour talking about how things were, had a laugh and a few more drinks.

The  door opened again and another woman walked in. Didn't recognise her this time but she knew Ken and Joanne and so sat down with us. Niceties were exchanged but the atmosphere at the table was different and Joanne was quiet as a mouse. Then I found out why.

"Have ye any kids yet?"
"Why are you drinking 7-up Joanne? Are you pregnant?"
"Why aren't you pregnant?"
"Why haven't ye any kids?"
"Come on Ken, be a man and give her a baby."

All said laughingly with her being the only one laughing.

What a fucking melt. What a nosy wagon. It was clear as day people were uncomfortable. I was fuckin squirming and i was on the periphery of the conversation. Why are people like this? Her lack of cop on was astounding. She left soon after. Turns out she's a distant relation of Joanne's that Joanne can't stand. I wonder why?

I hope she gets a cold sore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beberaa poin yang benar-benar menarik yang sempat kamu catat tidak sedikit aku sampaikan, cuma apa yg saya cari: D.