January 11, 2022

Today's CEX finds


Oh yeah. Today's CEX trip was a good one. 20 smacks for 4 great films. I've never owned a copy of Speed so that for a fiver was a no-brainer. Inside Llewyn Davis was one I didn't like at first but subsequent viewings have, for me anyway, pushed it to near the top of what the Coen Brothers films can do. The New World by Terrence Malick is an absolute stunner, epic, dreamlike, beautiful looking, the kind of movie high definition was invented for. My bargain of the day though is We Own The Night. One of the best crime dramas of this century. Had it been made in the 70's it would be lauded as a classic but for some reason it went under the radar. I had no idea it had even gotten a blu release over here so to find it for 3 euros was a real catch. 

Yes I know you might find this sad (especially the person I know who hate reads this site) but fuck it, you've got to find some little bit of joy in your day, however sad and especially now. 😉

No comments: