February 27, 2022

30 Day film challenge 2022 edition - Day 9

 

A movie I know practically the whole script of.

"As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a gangster."

"Paulie may have moved slow, but it was only because Paulie didn't have to move for anybody."

"One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect."

"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learned the two greatest things in life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut."

"Now go home and get your fuckin' shinebox!!!"

"Now the guy's got Paulie as a partner. Any problems, he goes to Paulie. Trouble with the bill? He can go to Paulie. Trouble with the cops, deliveries, Tommy, he can call Paulie. But now the guy's gotta come up with Paulie's money every week, no matter what. Business bad? Fuck you, pay me. Oh, you had a fire? Fuck you, pay me. Place got hit by lightning, huh? Fuck you, pay me."

"In prison, dinner was always a big thing. We had a pasta course and then we had a meat or fish. Paulie did the prep work. He was doing a year for contempt and he had this wonderful system for doing the garlic. He used a razor, and he used to slice it so thin that it used to liquefy in the pan with just a little oil. It was a very good system."

"When they found Carbone in the meat truck, he was frozen so stiff it took them three days to thaw him out for the autopsy."

"If you're part of a crew, nobody ever tells you that they're going to kill you, doesn't happen that way. There weren't any arguments or curses like in the movies. See, your murderers come with smiles, they come as your friends, the people who've cared for you all of your life. And they always seem to come at a time that you're at your weakest and most in need of their help."

"And that's the hardest part. Today everything is different; there's no action, I have to wait around like everyone else. Can't even get decent food, right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce, and I got egg noodles and ketchup. I'm an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook."

Hmm. I can't for the life of me think of any film like that...


No comments: