October 09, 2018

The consistently late

"Want to meet at 1?"

"Ya, nice one. Nancy Blakes?

"Deadly, see you then."

I turn up at about 12.58. Phil walks in with the big nonchalant head on him at 1.42. I'm on me second Lucozade,

"What's wrong with you?"

"You're 40 minutes late. Again"

"So? Don't be a fanny."

"..........."

#ragemode

Nothing riles me up faster than someone who's always late. It's just not on. Fair enough if it happens occasionally. Life crops up, gets in the way, traffic jams, bus delays, sickness, all that jazz, things like that can't be helped but when someone is late constantly it's just acting the bollix.

It's like someone saying to you "I don't really give a fuck about you or your time." It's the height of ignorance. Of course like a fool I'm always early or bang on top. I don't think it's in me to be late if I can avoid it. This thing of always being late because you just can't be arsed to get ready kills me.

The least someone can do is text or phone or whatsapp to say they'll be late. It's easy as pie. "I'm running late." It would give the fool waiting the opportunity to cancel or at least do something with the time they waste waiting around. It's good manners.

Next time I just won't turn up. It will KILL me.

No comments: