June 14, 2020

Weirdly anxious

You'd think after 13+ weeks of being stuck in Limerick away from my family I'd be excited about the prospect of a bit of freedom at the end of the month when phase 3 kicks in. But I'm actually kinda nervous and anxious about the whole thing. My brain is playing out every worse case scenario going and I've got that horrible impending doom feeling in the belly thing happening. I'd love to be able to not give a fuck and jump into big queues for the shops that are reopening but you'd be on edge the whole fucking time. Social distancing seems to have gone out the window and the good sense that's been shown for the past 3 months is just kaput. Do people think they're immune? Do they not care because it's mostly old people who've died? Are they ignoring the reality playing out in other countries? Countries that reopened too soon and are now heading down the same road again?

I dunno. I'm kind of shitting it.

No comments: