July 31, 2020

Well shit

Today I went to the cinema to see a new film, an Irish crime dram called Broken Law. My first time doing so since the 12th of March. I was as giddy as a child on christmas morning. Getting to see a new movie in my favourite place has gone from a 2-3 times weekly thing to a rare treat. I could not wait. I settled in, drink by one side, jelly beans at the other. The place was empty, just me and one other person. Both of us as far from each other as possible. The lights dropped and the projector started. The IFCO certification screen appeared. No trailers. Lovely. This was perfect.

Then the film broke down. First there was picture and no sound. Then sound and no picture. Then just black. "I'm sorry, it's a technical issue. Email this address for compensation."

Oh my word what a disappointment.

2020 has a way of ruining the little moments too doesn't it.


No comments: