May 05, 2020

A lucky holiday

I'm not a lover of the sun and tend to take my holidays early in the year. I got fair lucky this year. Hitting Barcelona in January was definitely one of my smarter moves. Even then there were rumblings of what was to come. Tourists already wearing face masks, increased security and signs cropping up in airports. But this wasn't the time to be worrying yet.

I feel like reminiscing.


 Gloriously crisp & salty Calamari with Patatas Bravas on the side. Catalonian Fish & Chips. My first Spanish meal hit the spot something wicked.


The view from the Museum of Catalunya looking over Placa D'Espana.


A fool outside the Museum of Catalunya


The Olympic stadium. Geeked out here a bit. Well a lot.


Look at that sky. In January. Of course I managed to get sunburned.


Sat here for hours. Despite being all over Europe this was my first ever glimpse of the Mediterranean. The relaxation was immense.


Lost in the Barri Gotic


Another pre dinner appetiser in the Mercat De La Boqueria. A brilliant spot.


The words fried and baby just seem wrong don't they


Just catching a glimpse of La Sagrada Família is enough to take you breath away


The Nativity Façade is mindblowingly intricate. You could stand there for hours, days, studying it.


The Passion Façade and a baldy fella


High up in Park Güell (Spanish for Park of the gowls) looking down at Antoni Gaudí's gaff.


The elusive cable cars of Montjuïc. I was fucking terrified on these. Could barely stand.


The feed of grilled squid at the bottom cured me though.


The Mercat of Santa Caterina. A foodie's paradise. Me, I bought a bar of chocolate there.


Back at the beach again. My happy place outside of a cinema. Pardon the socks, I wasn't in shorts as it wasn't particularly warm so I pulled up my trousers for the 'gram.


A feed of seafood paella on Passeig de Joan de Borbó. Lovely hurling.


The famous La Rambla. Walked down here primed to be pickpocketed. Left 3 days later thoroughly charmed and intrigued by it.


Above & below. Relaxed on my last morning in Plaça Reial. The most chill place I found in the city. Stumbled across it totally by accident and sat here for 2 hours just unwinding. Lovely.



And of course, blurays purchased in El Setanta-nou, a film shop on Carrer Dels Tallers. I'd go back to Barcelona just to visit this place again.



No comments: