May 27, 2020

That one movie you can't bring yourself to watch

Have you ever had a film that for some reason you've just felt intimidated by? One thats been on your shelf for an age but you can't bring yourself to watch it for whatever reason? One of mine is a film from one of my favourite directors, starring one of my favourite actors. I owned it on DVD for 7 or 8 years and never took it out of its cellophane before giving it away to a friend. I've avoided it on Film 4 when I could have easily taped it. Now i have it on bluray and I swear to god the fucking thing is looking down on me and mocking me.

Grrr. My nemesis. All 162 minutes of it.


Look at that cellophane crying to be ripped off. That evocative artwork. That cast. Once I've watched it I'll have seen everything Martin Scorsese has directed.

I'll definitely watch it someday. Definitely.

Probably.

No comments: